If you plan to switch from Woocommerce to Magento 2, this article will come especially in handy. Read on to discover everything about the process of migration and how to better organize it.
Why to Migrate from WooCommerce to Magento 2?
The migration of an e-commerce platform is a time-consuming and complicated process. The platform that your store is positioned on plays a crucial role in your business development. It should have top-tier performance, an intuitive interface, an appealing layout, and a full set of features. Once you migrate your online store, you can access more advanced functionality and better control your budget. If you feel like you don’t have enough expertise in organizing the process of switching from one platform to another, you can always approach Magento development services by Elogic.
WooCommerce and Magento 2 are giants in the modern e-commerce website development market. keep reading to know the upsides and downsides of each platform and the peculiarities of the process of migration.
WooCommerce vs Magento 2: Pros and Cons
Both WooCommerce and Magento 2 are demandable platforms to develop online stores. WooCommerce is based on WordPress, making it a perfect tool for beginners. Magento 2 is indicated for professional use with higher requirements and a larger client base.
It is possible to enhance WooCommerce with third-party extensions. Its competitor is a full-featured tool with a rich array of custom features. While Woocommerce to Magento 2 migration requires time and patience, it is worth the efforts to consider the pros and cons of both platforms.
Also Read: Backwards 3
WooCommerce vs Magento 2 Comparison
Have look at the WooCommerce vs Magento 2 comparison to better understand why to switch to the latter option.
- Cost. WooCommerce is free to download and use. However, it has paid functionality such as hosting and some additional features. With Magento 2, you can choose between two paid versions and achieve a full pack of services.
- Accessibility. The former platform has a straightforward interface and feature set suitable for novice users. Its contender is intended for those who have expertise in coding since it offers advanced functionality for online stores.
- Design. Although Magento 2 has paid templates, they have a unique design to make your e-commerce site stand out from the crowd. With WooCommerce, you will achieve simple themes compatible with WordPress.
- Customization. WooCommerce offers basic customization features, while its rival has a slew of custom options that can be performed with coding.
Also Read: Bottleneck Calculator
The process of Woocommerce to Magento 2 Migration
First off, it is necessary to transform the data safely and accurately. It is a time-consuming process. So, if you want to save traffic and not lose revenue, it is better to choose night hours for accomplishing this step. Then you can proceed with:
- installing Magento 2 with all patches and tools;
- creating a new database;
- checking readiness within the software;
- adding a new database to software;
- configuring all settings;
- performing the necessary customization processes;
- creating an admin account;
- launching an admin version.
Before switching from one platform to another, it is advisable to backup all data on the initial service. Thus, you can quickly restore lost information if something gets wrong.
If you want to grow your business and achieve a higher return on investment, it is necessary to use innovative technologies and use advanced e-commerce platforms. Magento 2 earns a decent spot in the industry by offering high-tech tools and capabilities. It is possible to manually transform all data from one platform or another or use a dedicated app. If you are new to programming, it is advisable to hire a professional.